Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

    As a kid, I was always trying to come up with businesses and find a way to make money, from starting a car washing business for friends and family and later on to different things. Last year I graduated and as my present, most people gave me money, so a little while after a friend showed me his drone which was very cool and I wanted to get one with the money that I had gotten but I didn't want to blow my money. What I came up with was I will start a photography business, which I did in July/August and have been trying to grow it bigger every since. 

    As soon as I started my business I started to look at creating a website and branding. I have a logo that I have everywhere which I hope is helping in brand recognition. I don't have a tagline, but just the name of my company on the logo. I think my logo tells my customers that we are interesting and modern since my logo looks like a wolf hence the name WULV and the font of WULV Media on my logo is a pretty interesting choice.
    My color scheme is like burgundy and beige color and I use that color scheme on my website, logo, pretty much everywhere else. I originally saw my logo white on black which I do have but it's a bit generic and needed a bit of "flavor" added to it. I think it looks pretty nice and it's interesting and cool. I do have a specific font for my logo but I do not use that font on everything just because it can be a bit hard to read a lot with that font but just a small piece is fine.
    The process of creating my brand took a few days of first brainstorming coming up with ideas that weren't bad but not the best and ultimately the name I would choose. I wanted to put some sort of animal in the name as I love all sorts of animals, I wanted to something with a Cheetah but it didn't sound good so then I thought of a wolf. I like the wolf because of its is a pack or singular animal that has to battle some harsh environments to survive and only the strongest survive. However, there are a lot of companies with Wolf in their name so I wanted to make it unique. Originally I only added the v instead of an f but the name was already taken so I decided to change o to a u which honestly makes it sound more like what I was going for. WULV Media.
    After I came up with the name I had to come up with a logo and color scheme, I found the figure of the wolf which looks really cool(at least to me anyway). I originally wanted a black and white but it looked a bit bland. My favorite color is red so I tried that but it was a bit much so then we started to look at different color patterns and that is when I found this burgundy and beige combo which looks nice to the eyes, professional, and a bit elegant if I might add. That's kinda what I was going for, which the color scheme encompasses.  
    Once I had my logo it was time to work on my website, when I first created my website I didn't have much to put on there so I put some of my old projects. My website was just a few photos of my past work and our pricing. As I got more jobs I've added a project page that houses all of the projects we do and have expanded our pricing list and page. I try to keep everything simple and not tons of stuff everywhere so it shows to our clients that we value professionalism and we will do the same with our products.    

Comments

Popular Posts